Sunday, August 7, 2011

Faith arising

This quote that my momma posted on facebook:
" We are not necessarily doubting that God will do the best for us; we are wondering how painful the best will turn out to be”
C.S. Lewis
combined with this song that I heard on the way home from work:

have me thinking.  about faith. about trust. about lifting my hands. about maybe giving up the shield called apathy and going back to the scariness of caring. 
Be still, there is a healer
His love is deeper than the sea
His mercy, it is unfailing
His arms are a fortress for the weak
Let faith arise
I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember
You are faithful, God, forever
Be still, there is a river
That flows from Calvary's tree
A fountain for the thirsty
Pure grace that washes over me
So let faith arise

the question becomes,
Do I want to let my faith arise? 
Somehow, I think my answer is changing…

(furthermore, I have actually read my bible this week and am currently loving John 9… the story of the blind man Jesus made see on the Sabbath.  There is something very cool about him trying to convince the pharisees questioning him and them mocking him when he tries to convince them about who Jesus is.  I obviously have not thought out exactly what I find cool about it, but I have read that chapter almost as many times as I have listened to that song.)

No comments:

Post a Comment