Saturday, June 18, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Every house where love abides
And friendship is a guest,
Is surely home, and home sweet home
For there the heart can rest.
~Henry Van Dyke

group1
There are 26 people in this photo.  I can think of at least 5 who left before we took it, meaning at one point today there was 31 people in my house/backyard, and it was awesome.
Last night it was the 3 of us, cleaning my kitchen, buying stuff for cake baking the next day:
_MG_2592 _MG_2597 _MG_2602
We hang out in my living room as the gang gathers early… always earlier than I tell everyone else to come because the more time together, the more we love life.
_MG_2605  _MG_2613
_MG_2620 _MG_2621 _MG_2622 _MG_2624
As people start arriving, the food is piling up.  Pulled pork, turkey burgers, baked beans.  I burned the queso dip, but stuck it in a different pan, added more salsa, and it was all gone anyway.  My new favorite desert is Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pound cake, and considering how much was left, I think everyone else loved it too.
_MG_2701
My backyard was a hit as well.  Everyone was awesome to see the work I have done and the potential to come, and not comment on how overgrown the back fence is.
_MG_2638 _MG_2639
 _MG_2643 _MG_2647
_MG_2644 _MG_2642
And my porch?  it is the perfect party place.
I have awesome uncles.  They not only drive 2 hours to come to a niece’s party, they figure out how to make the light in my bathroom work and that the reason the attic fan won’t turn on is because the switch, not the fan is broken. 
_MG_2645 _MG_2646
It wasn’t the best organized party.  I didn’t put the food on the dining room table thinking people would sit there, but instead all the chairs got pulled into the breakfast room around a tiny table.  This would have worked except said tiny table is where the plates/silverware/napkins were, and the food indeed up spread all over the place.  Yet it worked out, things got rearranged, food was eaten in massive quantities and I will know better next time.
_MG_2627
_MG_2631  _MG_2635
 _MG_2632   _MG_2636
m-e
The biggest hit?  Sweet Tea.  Apparently I have a lot of southern transplant friends.
and now, for your information:
this is what happens when your cousin steals your camera…
_MG_2664 _MG_2668 _MG_2673
 _MG_2683  _MG_2685
this is what happens when you try to get 26 people gathered for a group picture
_MG_2653 _MG_2654 _MG_2658
This is what happens when your life is filled with love
group1

Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family.  Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one~Jane Howard

Linked with Sunday Citar

No comments:

Post a Comment