Sunday, February 6, 2011

It was heaven.

Here’s the deal. I moved to Wichita for family. I wanted to be closer, and I have never regretted that.  But I miss my friends.  I miss the house parties I used to have where 12 people would be sitting in my living room.

Today, though? Today was my idea of heaven. My house was filled with people I love, food I cooked was bubbling on the stove, and it was home.  Home… one of the reasons I wanted a house.  One of the reasons I wanted a big living room.  One of the reasons love cooking.  12 people. In my home. We ate and played games and ate some more and everyone stirred the chili and my biscuits weren’t near as good as my moms and the gravy had just a couple of lumps.

Oh, and the packers WON THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!  Where it wasn’t the best part of the weekend, people will always win that, it was pretty stinking awesome!!!  Especially since most of the people in my living room were going for the steelers. 

IN YOUR FACE, vikings and cowboys fans.  Just saying.

anyway, the weekend was heaven.  I loved it.  I love having a home where people can come in and kick off their shoes and plop on the couch and wander the hallways and everyone throws balloons while yelling “watch out for the new tv!”  I love that my friends come and do dishes and I can ask the guys to change the smoke detector batteries and move furniture and they don’t even bat an eye.

I love the look on my family’s face when they saw me jumping up and down on the couch when we got the last touchdown.  or that everyone was yelling at me to get down when I was on the floor in front of the tv and stood up when we got our interception return touchdown.  apparently they wanted to see it too.

I love football.

I love my friends.

I love my family (whom don’t really like football but come because I invite them.  that is love…)

I love my chili.  that I didn’t actually eat because there was too much other food but that will most definitely be going to work tomorrow.

Did I mention my team won? the super bowl? 

I also love the super bowl champs the GREENBAY PACKERS.

My face is smiling.

1 comment:

  1. Smiling Face, Happy Story! Great view of a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete