Tuesday, February 15, 2011

hallway goes young!

Today my friend encouraged me to do something I had been wanting to do but not been quite brave enough. I love the colors my house is going… my living room 2 shades of gray, my room 2 shades of blue, my kitchen is going to be a soft white.  But… I wanted something bright and fun as well to make it seem like a 20-something is living here, not just a granny ranch.  So, while RaDonna was in town we decided to paint the entryway.  It started like this:

IMG_0948 IMG_0949

an ugly dark tan color.

The paint can looked like this:

IMG_0950 IMG_0951

The painting process looked like this:

IMG_0952  IMG_0955 IMG_0953

 

and the finished product rocks:

IMG_0957 IMG_0963IMG_0961 

I love it.  It doesn’t look like an old lady house, and I love it.  It also looks very blue in these pictures, I will see if I can get  a clearer picture tomorrow.  It is this really pretty teal blue color.  LOVE.

The painters:

IMG_0959 IMG_0960

I also love that from the outside you can just see a blue glow:

_MG_0973

Kind of hard to see it, but it is really pretty driving by.

Okay… that is my fun house story today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment