Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grandma

She loved her grandkids.

We loved her.

gma with c

(grandma and corrie, circa 1988)

 

I don’t think there are words to express how much her love meant to me, how big the loss is.  The shock the first time I walked into the apartment and she wasn’t there to say hi too.

The relief that she can now breathe without gasping, without needing roxinol. That she can get out of bed, move without pain.

I read the letters that have come pouring in, of people who loved my grandma.  Who had stories of bridge games, movie nights in DC, road trips to santa fe.  She made a difference in people’s lives, made the lives of those around a little bit better.  Memories of her have made everyone smile.

That is the best legacy I can think of someone leaving.

There is a little less awesome in the world today than there was a week ago

No comments:

Post a Comment